What is SKYPACKET?
- We are an Internet Service Provider (ISP) that provides internet service to residences and businesses in Cumberland, MD area & Northeast PA.
- We’ve built out a fixed wireless network using the latest, most reliable radio technology.
How does SKYPACKET work?
- SKYPACKET works with your Wifi Router (You need to supply your router, your Cable or DSL router will not work) to provide internet service throughout your home.
- We’ve built out a fixed wireless network using the latest, most reliable radio technology. Built to be available 99.99% of the time.
- That means we deliver internet service from towers and building directly to a small antenna we install on your house. In most areas, the antenna requires clear line of sight (LOS) to the tower, ie: no trees or buildings can be in the way.
- We run a network cable from the antenna into your house near where your router is now. The network cable plugs into your wifi router and provides Internet service.
What is fixed-wireless internet service?
- Fixed wireless is the operation of wireless devices or systems used to connect two fixed locations (e.g., building to building or tower to building) with a radio or other wireless link.
Is WiFi the same as fixed-wireless?
- WiFi is great for your laptop and smart phone in your house or a cafe, but it’s range is limited to a couple hundred feet. WiFi radios are omni-directional which means that the signal goes in every direction, but it lets you move around, sort of like a mobile phone.
- Fixed-wireless requires that two stationary antennas be precision aimed at each other. If the aim is off then the signal is lost and they can not communicate. Fixed-wireless links are stationary and can not be moved. Based on the antenna and frequency, fixed-wireless radios can communicate over great distances (100+ miles).
Why should I use SKYPACKET?
- We’re local, we’re responsive, and we’ll take care of you.
- Our network is new, and growing.
- Ultimately, we want happy customers. So we provide a good service at a price that will make your bank account smile.
Does weather affect the service?
- No. In fact, our network did not even blink during the big blizzard of MARCH 2017.
Do I need to supply a router?
- If you already have one, great, you should be able to use it. (Except Cable & DSL routers)
- If not, there are many to choose from. Completely adequate WiFi routers that are more than good enough for typical usage (streaming, email, browsing) can be purchased for around $70 or less. Faster models typically cost in the $75 – $125 range. High-end routers can cost more than $200 but are rarely needed or worth the extra cost.
What is the SKYPACKET installation process?
- Check Coverage area PA CUSTOMERS - Click here or MD CUSTOMERS - Coming Soon
- Call (800) 214-9069 or send your name/address/phone to email@example.com
- We then we need to do is check the line of sight (LOS). Often we still need to perform a visual check from your location.
- Once we know that the LOS is clear, then we schedule a installation time that is convenient for you. (We show up when we say – no 4 hour window nonsense.) Our only requirements are daylight hours and no snow or rain.
- When we arrive, we’ll go over the installation process with you to find out where you want or have your router and answer any questions you might have
- We usually start by installing and aligning the antenna on your roof and making sure we have a good signal. Then we install the cabling. Once inside the house we double check that the antenna is working and has a good signal. Next is plugging the cable into you router and making sure everything works.
- The final step is walking you through everything we did, demonstrate that things are working, perform a speed test for you and answer any questions you might have.
How long does a SKYPACKET installation take?
- We allocate 2.5 hours for an installation though it often take less time. On rare occasions an installation will require more time. The time required depends on the house, ease of roof access, length of the cable run and other factors.
Does SKYPACKET require annual contracts and money due at install?
- With a two-year commitment we collect $100.00 at install, $50.00 is for an installation fee and the remaining $50.00 is credited to your bill.
- With a one-year commitment we collect $150.00 at install, $100.00 is for an installation fee and the remaining $50.00 is credited to your bill.
- With a month-to-month contract we collect $200 at install, $150.00 is for an installation fee and the remaining $50.00 is credited to your bill.
How reliable is SKYPACKET?
We run your Internet connection using the same wireless technologies used for public safety services (Police, Fire, EMS, Etc) It’s incredibly stable, reliable, and fast. If it’s good enough for critical emergency services, imagine how well it will work for you!
What are my data caps?
- There are NO data caps!
Is SKYPACKET Fast enough for me?
- Below are Netflix's Internet Connection Speed Recommendation:
- 0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
- 1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
- 3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality
- 5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
Do you offer TV or phone service?
- NO, We are Just internet. The way it was meant to be. NO BUNDLES and AFFORDABLE
Does SKYPACKET offer email?
- No. These days, most customers use Gmail or one of the many other free email services.
What does it cost? What are your hidden charges?
- It costs exactly the listed price of your selected plan. There are no extra taxes, service or rental fees added to that price!